What a ride this has been! I'm sure I'll post a retrospective or two as things progress with game distribution, but for now... It's time to take a break!
The last and final build of Space Squid will clock in as Build 48. Considering I only had 30 days to complete this project (starting from complete scratch! Never written a game before!) I'm pretty gosh-darned proud of that.
I put up a special credits page so those who deserve them get immortal props :) Check it out, there's some good links in there to some excellent people and some other great games.
Thanks to everyone who congratulated me via IM, eMail, and Twitter during the last few hours! It made the evening that much more stressful. ;)
I'll be contacting a few media places for reviews, interviews, and submitting my game to a bunch of websites tomorrow. We'll see where that takes us!
Here are the laetst, last-minute changes:
- Removed the level-20 victory message
- Changed the ink bar from red to black, and moved the bar up paralell to the word
- Updated the scoring text to indicate the +5000 point bonus for beating a level without restarting
- Made the level number reset to Level 1 any time you exit to the menu
- Added a credits page (that looks like ass. Sorry Aubrey :( )
- Made the game ping Google Analytics every time a level is started - will help differentiate generic or passing-through site traffic with legitimate game players.
Play the game on the official Space Squid Website!