Monday, May 11, 2009

Four small things

Some things I fixed today:
  • Zooming now moves a bit more slowly and allows you to zoom all the way out
  • Fixed the "Jitter bug" that can happen on level load (also seen in Fantastic Contraption levels where the possible level size is maxed)
  • Semi-fixed the camera following the player object. It "leads" the player a tiny bit seeking the nearest wall - which wasn't my intention, but it seems to work out well for playability's sake. It will probably have to be fixed and smoothed at some point.
  • Added linear and rotational damping - very slight - to simulate atmosphere. I know it's a horrible atmospheric implementation but I'm not sure how else to do it.
I'm going to tackle level design this afternoon, I think. I'm going to start with a basic level editor - one that lets you draw rectangles, and save them to a DB. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment