Sunday, May 17, 2009

I've Got Chemistry

So I have two games I'm simultaneously making right now.
  • A pseudo-educational platformer where you learn about chemical constructs;
  • And a building-destroying platformer where you pause time.
They're both running on the same engine and is nearly a simple reskin between the two. I'm pretty excited to release both of them together and see what performs better. (but we all know what my initial plans turn out to be)

Hey, speaking of re-skinning - I'm collaborating with Greg Wohlwend on this project. He's giving a lot of input and doing the artistic work. You can see my sample level here (first released build of the not-yet-named chemical game) and you can see Greg's version here. Haha Greg, Mine is playable. :P

I've been doing a lot of behind the scenes work on the engine - I've got a level editor up (that is neigh unusable for anyone but me because of the plethora of hidden function keys) and a basic shell of gameplay. It's coming together quite nicely.

The playable level when you click the link above is the chemical formula for Caffeine. I spent all night working on it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment