Monday, June 8, 2009

Bug: Destroyed

Another entire weekend devoted to a single bug! I thought it was a seperate hideous bug from last time, but it was in fact the same bug in a different disguise.

After some help with the Box2D Community I was able to trace it down to a bug in the engine - and upgrading to the latest SVN (unstable) version fixed everything. There have been no intentional bug-fixing code put into place, but it appears it's all better now.

The really good news is my stupid hatred shunt-code I put in a few days ago is overwritten and no longer necessary. Hooray!

So now I have an incremental update, build 11, that just fixes the "flying around" glitch. :)

The FC community has been having some fun - there's now around 110 levels generated, and I've only made half. :) Several people are getting really excited about the gameplay, which is making me excited in turn. Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment