Thursday, June 11, 2009

More for the Menu

Danged menus take an annoying large amount of my time.
  • Fixed an introduced bug where security rights were always being rejected (resulted in victory counters not increasing on the DB)
  • Added an animated dialogue box to tell you what's up (incorrect password, logged in, etc.)
  • Logout button
  • Checkboxes now have the correct graphics
  • Level editing lock now works.
  • Gameplay change: You now only need to collect gasses to beat a level. Solids will disintegrate upon touch, and metals are indestructable. They each have a unique visual style to help you along.
  • You aren't allowed to save levels if there are no goal objects (gaseous) in the scene.
  • Disintegrating/Collected elements now have an animation and sound effect.
I've nearly tapped out what I can do in terms of menu design, which has me really happy! There's no metal objects in the game yet (coming soon) but the functionality is all there. I think, once they make it in, it'll be time for me to sit down and do some good example levels and stick them into the level picker.

Since I have some spare time on my hands - I think I'll start work on the web-based level browser. Wew!

No comments:

Post a Comment