Friday, January 9, 2009

Destinations

The Whopper Sacrifice is the best Facebook Application ever made.

People ask me where I plan on going on my global adventures. Well, I have a "short" list of places I want to travel to.

First and foremost, I want to live for a time on the beaches of Belize. I went there once a few years ago on vacation, and during my 6-day-stay it was pure heaven. I look forward to seeing them again.

I've never crossed an ocean, so I plan on doing that at some time. I don't have a particular draw to any country, but here's a short list:
  • I wish to see Norway's Fjords
  • I want to take a good look at some New Zealand landscapes
  • I want to hang out with those wacky Austraaaalians and listen to their accent while drinking their beers
  • I want to check out some small Pacific Islands
  • South Africa might be neat
  • A tour of Egypt
  • aaaand finally I'd like to see Easter Island if I could. Maybe just for the day.
It's a pretty long list, but it's a lifelong one at that. If I can knock them all out of the park in the next few years, all the better! But my only goal for 2009 is Belize.

Specifically, I wish to return to Caye Caulker. The place is pure magic. A small population of 1200, it is very cozy and doesn't have a lot of development on it. At least, last I checked. I hope it hasn't gotten too pricy.

No comments:

Post a Comment