Sunday, January 4, 2009

The World Without Wheels

Just before I started moving, both my cars died. I didn't think too much of it - I'd rent a truck to help me move, get lifts from my friends, and do a great deal of walking everywhere.

And most of that did happen. What I did not expect was how slowly things tend to move without vehicles; waiting on other schedules; not being able to do things right when you need them.

I had a long list of things to do these past few weeks and with a day borrowing a truck from my parents, I was able to get almost all of it done. The house I am moving out of is almost completely empty, the garage is full of charitable boxes, and I made a few deliveries as well. I've got someone disposing of the barbecue shortly, and I've found someone to buy some of my odds and ends. Things are looking up!

Looks like Fantastic Contraption was most likely down due to some sort of unexpected power outage at the hosting facility. It was down most of the day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment