Monday, January 5, 2009

Relaxation (Plus Americans)

Today was a relaxation day. I played some City of Heroes with Aubrey and ordered my very first online-grocery-delivery from our local supermarket Thrifty Foods. Aubrey and I also sat down and planned out what kind of meals we'd be eating over the coming months. Very mellow. I've got a lot of work to do tomorrow (Monday); locksmithing appointment at my old place, some cleaning and chores to do, and then I have to schedule a charity truck to swing by and haul out all my stuff. I wish I knew how to get rid of a sofa though, not sure if anyone will take it. Good condition, too.

My hot pink gaming laptop will be arriving in short order. I'm very excited about it. It has a solid state hard drive and 6GB or RAM (and a 64bit OS to support it all). I'll have to bust out my camera once it shows up.

I made a detailed post on the problems with the SQL server for Fantastic Contraption on their own forums; you can read a bit more about it there. It's tough having problems in the first place, but it's also tough having to report this to your clientbase. I truly feel bad for all the paying customers having to endure outages and slow speeds as frequently as the FC crowd does, but I suppose it's my job to try to keep them as happy as possible.

On the brighter side, the press release inXile released indicates we will be seeing an iPhone version of the game soon! That has got me really excited and will have us seeing a whole new set of customers pouring into the forums. I can't wait!

And finally, the news of the day I suppose: my good friends Colin and Sarah have just gotten married, and were just seperated by the American Authorities! Bastards!

No comments:

Post a Comment