Saturday, January 3, 2009

Nobody Likes to Move

Due to complications in moving I'm renting two places for December and January which means I've had a pretty slow move. Normally I'd think that's a good thing (plenty of time to move crap) but really it's just dragged everything out annoyingly.

I've got a garage full of boxes that are all going to go to charity; I have to call a truck in to swipe them. I have to find someone to take my deep freeze and my sofa and big comfy chair. And then I have to make an appointment with someone to come pick up my BBQ and a few other toys I'm giving away.

Then I have to find a cleaning company to do a real fine job of wiping the place down.

Sounds like I haven't done much at this point, but really I have! The new place I am going to is a teensy basement suite. It's great because it's forcing me to pare down what I have. There's no room for extraneous junk.

On the work front, I've finished up one of the websites I've been contracted to work on. I was handed the HTML and had to code a database an administrative back-end for Lindenmuth Realty. It wasn't anything groundbreaking or exciting, but I did learn a few new tricks for handling files, PHP forms, and made a few file-handing library functions for future use. 

I'm also working on keeping the Fantastic Contraption community from falling apart, but it's getting a little difficult. The game has been running a little slowly for two to three weeks now, and the DNS is currently failing. Hopefully we'll track down the server problems soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment