Saturday, April 11, 2009

Double Goal Areas

I'm still toying a bit with gameplay but trying not to deviate from the original goal. Here's a double goal area style game with a minimum and maximum entry type gate; it's quite difficult but should pose a fun little challenge to the gamers out there. I've tried it about two dozens times and I've only beaten it twice.


Please excuse the textbox bounding issues. I swear it's not my fault. :) Darned Box2D and their scaling factors.. I think I'm going to have to go through and convert it all back to pixels at some point soon.

I'm looking into getting a level creator of some sort made now. There's enough days in the month to get something in.. I have a few ideas... Well, you'll just have to wait!

2 comments:

  1. If you are thinking about adding art to the squid and the planets I could try to draw something in photoshop and break that down into segments if that's what you need, maybe just to make your next build a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the offer, Laura! The graphics have to be vector-based, and for ease of importing they should be made in Flash as library objects (sprites or movieclips). Because of the segmenting and the flexibility though, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to implement the graphics yet. Drawing tentacles for example, with those three bendable joints, without making it look hideous...

    So, knowing full well that the graphics might not work out or end up in the final product, knock yourself out! :)

    ReplyDelete