Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Crash Flash

Today was a fun day!

My lack of OOP experience meant I made several mistakes along the way. When I went to implement a few new features early this morning it became clear that I had to fix things.

I took one linearly-written 800-line-of-code file and split it into 5 appropriate classes. Then I learned that Flash doesn't have pointers (hello, referrers!) and I put my code into an infinite loop at some point.

I also removed all traces of Box2D's "scaling" from my code, until I realized it would hideously break things then I put it all back in again.

I thought I had it all squared away and was going to test out the new build - and I had to laugh. After a long day's work, the Squid's head feels as painful as mine does.

I should have a playable iteration up late tonight or early tomorrow sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment