Monday, April 27, 2009

Squidlets

Another late-night update brings us up to build 44 - nothing amazingly special this time. I figure as these last few days of April tick by the updates will become more and more inane :)

Play it on the fancy-new Official Space Squid website.
  • Sitelocking enabled; you won't be able to run the SWF on your local machine (or upload it to a shady site!)
  • After days of headaches I was finally able to fix the keyboard losing focus bug. It ended up being the "Play Now" button that was getting focus, and when I destroyed it on level creation (just trying to be tidy!) it destroyed the focus with it. I'm pretty sure this is not standard flash behaviour, but there you have it! My workaround was to make the PlayNow button invisible instead of removing it altogether.
  • Cookies! The game now remembers your name from site visit to site visit.
  • I would totally have a preloader in place - if only I were to put MochiAds in. The only working example I could find for a FlexSDK v3 preloader relies on it. :/ I'll find something eventually.
In unrelated news, I was rearranging furniture today and crushed a nerve in my back. For some reason sitting in this chair and typing on my laptop for a month isn't keeping my normally-ripped physique up to par.

While I waited for some drugs to take effect I took some time out to blow things up in Team Fortress 2 and followed it up with some Left 4 Dead. Ah, distractions.

I've downloaded Braid too but it hurts my head. I can see it's an amazing fun game and is awesome, but I don't really want to think right now. My brain is revving high enough as it is just getting this project done. I've shelved Braid for March sometime, when I can enjoy it properly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment