Thursday, April 9, 2009

Slight Gameplay Changes

It's funny how a tiny change can affect gameplay so much.

Changes in Build 16:
  • Gave the Squid his long-overdue mantle fins
  • Fixed the collision checker so it actually reports even light touches. This actually made the game horribly difficult so I disabled collision checking on the little club feet your squid has. Feel free to touch things with that!
  • I played around with a bunch of motors and limit settings. The squid should flow a little more naturally now instead of just tangling himself up every chance he gets (though he still will if coaxed)
My high score in this build is.. 156% Cute, 7 Friends. Try to beat my score! Click to play Space Squid!

2 comments:

  1. Let me suggest a big "don't touch anything" and "how long can your squid survive" be displayed up there next to "draw with mouse to move". Or perhaps alternate the messages every 2 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for suggestion! I'm holding off on gameplay instructions in-game until I actually finalize what the gameplay will be like. Since a goal area is soon to arrive I think I'm going to have to throw up a splash screen with instructions on it, as much as I hate the idea.

    ReplyDelete